Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Blue Boa....

So today in clinic was actually really fun, because we got to start working on our typodont with the air/water syringe and suctions...learning all the best techniques when using them...pretty cool. It felt good to actually started working on the roles of a hygienist, and not just going over protocols, and clinic attire. ha ha.  We met our TA's which was awesome, they were so so helpful, and then we met Instructors Demsley and Hafen. I worked with Hafen today and she is really great.  It just so  happens that I went to school with her son Trevin, and it's good to have another familiar face in clinic :)

After we worked with our suctions for a while, we were able to meet the inventor of the Blue Boa, who in fact graduated from the program a while back.  I think the Blue Boa is going to be my new friend when we start working with the ultrasonic and placing sealants. 

I passed my first PE off today!! I am for the first time feeling like I am ahead of the game for once this week.  Kinda a relief. Next week I am going to pass the PPE and NEVER forget the steps I need to follow when putting on my protective equipment....mask FIRST glasses SECOND gloves LAST...and rubbing alcohol inbetween glove changes!  Now I am off to Radiology Lab for the first time...I hope that goes well and I do well on my first test this weekend. Fingers crossed! Until Monday....Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment