Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hardest Class IV EVVVV-ERRRR!

Holy moly. That pt I cleaned of Marianne's today was ridiculous. I have never worked so hard on one quad in my entire life, and when I was done I knew there was calculus on some of those teeth. It was literally like trying to remove cement off of root surfaces. This mouth has never been cleaned in this lifetime and the mobility makes it even more difficult. You've got to hold those babies in there while scaling. I didn't feel as bad that I missed so much because Marilyn had a heck of a time removing what she could, and she even couldn't remove it all. That is when you say: REFERRAL! PERIODONTIST! I learned a lot from that one quad. 1: sharp instruments are a must 2: use the right and left ultrasonic tips 3: mini's on this pt would help because she didn't have any recession. 4: perio files! 5: prayer 6: a towel to wipe the sweat off your face. That was a doosey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment