Thursday, March 22, 2012

3/22/12

My board pt came in to clinic today so I could finish up his treatment. It didn't occur to me until today that I had my board patient, in my chair, with instructors around, that I could have them check the quad I cleaned last week to see if I missed anything....I was excited and way nervous at the same time. I couldn't decide if I wanted to have Jenn check, I didn't know if I wanted to know, or if I just wanted to wait until I got the results from WREB. I had her check. I just needed to know. When she started exploring my stomach dropped, and was nervous. And then when she finished checking she didn't even say anything! I had to ask her a couple of minutes later how I did. She could only feel one tiny piece of burnished calculus! WAHOO. Relief. IT was a relief because last Saturday, cleaning his quad was so difficult. I thought I had missed so many spots because of the tenacious calculus, and because he bled so bad that it made it difficult to see. It was great to know that I didn't fail. I just hope the examiners felt the same way last week.  Sidenote: when I finished his treatment today I got a chance to really look at his tissues today from the previous areas that had been cleaned, and they looked phenomenal! They hardly bled at all when explored! They were firmer, pinker, healthier. It is such a confirmation when you see before and after of what the pt's mouth looks like, and know that what you did for them was something great and beneficial for them, their mouth, and their overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment