Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mockboard and this dang coldsore

I am thankful for being TA in junior clinic merely for the fact that I found my mockboard patient for next week! What a relief. I still have to take PA's on him on the day of mockboard, but I guess that is better than not having a qualifying mockboard pt. at all. I am so happy that my pt seems really reliable and he has been used for multiple mockboards previous to this one. That is a good sign.  My ONLY concern is that when he called to confirm his appt next week he kept saying "Tuesday" , and I would say NO THURSDAY...THURSDAY the 19TH. Then he would respond, "Yes Tuesday." NO! I hope his Thursdays just sound like Tuesday...I think I will be calling AND texting him so he can hear and read the word Thursday...the 19th. Oh my word, please don't be confused pt of mine. Folow up on appointments is extremely important.

I think the stress is starting to get to me...want to know why....because a new cold sore has surfaced yet AGAIN! I just had one in December people. This is a record for me. I maybe get a coldsore 1 time a year, not 3 times in the last 3-4 months. Good grief. My lip and self esteem can't take much more of this nonsense.

Clinic today was good. I am starting to overflow with the class V/II's but my speed is getting a lot faster, and I am not missing areas. I am proud. In Junior clinic on Wednesday I helped some of the girls perio chart, and I realized that as I sat there with one girl for an hour just on probing, just how far we have all come, me especially. It is something to be proud of to actually see your progress as you look at where the juniors are  right now to where I am now.  I have grown leaps and bounds. Good Ah-ha moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment