Thursday, January 26, 2012

First day with Perry

So Perry is known to just grill you with questions throughout the clinic day. Good because it makes you think and bad because you can feel stupid if you don't know the answer. So far so good. I didn't get questioned as much as Brooke did, but it sure does keep you on your toes, and you study up a little bit more before the clinic starts. Which I guess in all actuality it prepares you a little more for boards.

I saw a 1B this afternoon. He had to leave an hour after the appt started....this was a good chaalenge for me to see if I could do it. We didn't take xrays, but I had to do a new patient OD, OHI and scaling, in an hour. The OD is what took the longest with charting all his existing work and then filling out all the paper work and getting the tx plan and walkout signed and printed. But I got him out at 1:30 on the dot. I was a little nervous at first when I looked into his mouth and saw his mandibular lingual bar full of calculus...and sheet calculus. CHALLENGE. No spots missed though. So I think goal accomplished.

Bad news.....terrible news....My board pt fell through. He won't be in town the week of boards. :( I called him last night to schedule an appt to confirm he was a board pt with senior clinic instructors and to start his cleaning. He told me the bad news. I cried for a second after I got off the phone. What a punch to the gut....Indian Giver. Here is now to hoping and praying AGAIN that I can find a legit board pt who won't bail on me. Happy board hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment