Thursday, March 15, 2012

CLINICAL BOARD: L.A.

Today I took the local anesthesia board.....I PASSED!!! And I am soooo happy that I didn't have to pay $120 dollars to retake it. The first thing Evan said to me after we picked up the cashiers check yesterday was, "You better not fail" ha ha. Of course that was in a loving, no pressure way :)

I was kind of a little flustered before I took my exam because right before that I was McCall's backup patient, and when they called my candidate number to go and set up I wasn't there. I was in the clinic getting poked.  But luckily I asked one of the examiners if they called my name and if they did can I hurry and set up right after McCall was done. That wasn't a problem.  They were really good about that. But I was still a little flustered because everyone else was set up and ready to go when I finally got my patient back into the clinic and started to set up. Kind of not what I wanted things to go before I took this board. But Hailey helped take things off of my mind so I wasn't so flustered. My board went so smoothly. Not one thing went wrong. No osseous contact, no positive aspirations, they didn't ask to see the opposite side, my technique was spot on. The only thing was I shook like a freaking leaf! I couldn't stop it. It was like I was calm in my head when the examiners came over, but my hand wouldn't stop shaking. It was ridiculous. But I passed and that is all that matters! Now I get to inject my board patient on Saturday without anyone looking over my shoulder. Happy day, better live it up, because that will be the last time that will happen until after I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment