Monday, January 24, 2011

My first 1A patient!

Today I originally had scheduled a pt my peer pal referred to me, that I have never met before.  I was able to contact her, and I even mailed her a hhx so she could bring it with her today to speed up the process.  When I was walking her back she told me she didn't bring any money today, and there was no way she could pay.  There was no way I was going to pay for her, so I just had to reschedule her appt to a later date in February.  Such a bummer, because there I sat patient-less for a few minutes.  Luckily I have a back up with my dental hygienist cousin and her little girl, so she brought her daughter right in. YAY!  My pt was 3 years old, and so so cute. Her favorite part of the entire appt was her pink cinderella toothbrush and the water with the "thirsty" straw.  I think I gave her water 35 times. ha ha.  I didn't think that 1A's would be that difficult, and it wasn't.  The only thing was that you really do have to get those linguals. Lots of biofilm hides out there.  So... if your pateint allows, don't forget to get the Linguals really well! I passed off one PE today.  I need to get cracking on those more.  I feel like I am behind, and I need to catch up.  Hopefully Monday I will pass off 2 more. My goal Wednesday is to pass of 2 PE's and Scale all 4 quads on my patient.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment