Friday, September 9, 2011

First Lab Injections

Today was pretty awesome! First time doing injections on each other. Today we did macillary injections (PSA, MSA, Greater Palatine, and Nasopalatine) I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous to give injections for the first time, because I didn't know how I would handle it. But apprently I love injections! I only shook a little bit because you don't know what to expect when you pierce the tissue, but McCall was a champ, and  I did a good job. I think the key is exactly what the professors said, to "not be a ninny" and just have the confidence to know you are good, and you will get it right the first time. If you are confident, your patient will be confident in the injection and not so nervous. I can't wait until I give my first injections to a real patient in my chair during clinic.  Great Day. The adrenaline was definitely pumping. Our class rocks. We are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment