Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A post about the VA

Honestly I didn't know what to expect about the VA. I have heard stories good and bad, but something new is always an adjustment, even if you've heard stories. The good thing about the VA is that you don't have to find your own patients, they are scheduled for you. Blessed thing. The not so good thing: their instruments are ridiculous. most of the sets are so ski-womp-ous and so dull, some even past the point of no return. It's frustrating sometimes to not have a sharp instrument in your hand, and you have to spend time sharpening all the time to get the instrument to some sort of function. I vote that they just start over and make brand new cassettes. Anybody feel that the lunch hour is ridicuosly long???? If we started just a little bit earlier and cut the lunch a little shorter, or went back to how it was last year that would be good. I love the time  we have, but being in Salt Lake and the time it is when we have to drive home makes it hard sometimes.

I love the girls in my group. We all carpool down together, which saves on gas! Yay for saving money. And I love having Prof. M as an instructor down there. She is hilarious and really good to work with.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Sam, the instruments are ridiculous!! I vote that they start over too. I also love that they schedule patients for us. It takes so much stress off of my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete