Saturday, February 4, 2012

Longest week ever

I am exhausted. LA written on Monday, VA Tuesday, Junior Clinic Wednesday, Clinic Thursday, Sealant Clinics Friday, Give Kids a Smile Saturday. Wholly moley. I need a break. It was great to be able to help so many kids and some adults throughout the week, and be a part of something great in the community, but it sure does take a lot of energy out of you. I worked in radiology all day with McCall on Friday for the sealant clinics. I think that was a good change of pace, being able to help keep the flow of radiology running smoothly and keeping the organization up to par with the processing of the all the conventional films and making sure they get to the right clinician with the right child. We were literally on our feet all day, and they seriously KILLED by the end.

I had a super creepy patient on the VA on Tuesday. Very inappropriate comments and once and the end of the appt he ran his fingers down my back when my back was to him filling out his chart on the computer. GAG. Awful. Sometimes I like the VA, but in all honesty it is not my favorite place to be all of the time. Only 4 more VA days of my life and I am finished!

I ws supposed to see my fall through board patient on Thursday afternoon, but he didn't show up. The nerve. It really bothers me when the patient doesn't have the courtesy to call you back, and let you know they won't be coming, instead you end up having to find a fill in patient when the appt has already started. For the love.

GKAS is always a fun event to be a part of. I have done for the past 4 years at least. it is always a good feeling to help the little kids out that have so many dental needs.

P.S Still need a board pt...any extras out there, you can send them my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment