Wednesday, September 15, 2010

massage day...

So today we worked extra/intra orally! It was a lot of fun to be able to work in an actual mouth again.  Marcy and Madi were the lucky ones today. We learned and applied what we know about extra oral screenings and finding any lumps/bumps/tenderness that isn't the norm.  It was pretty much like a short massage when we got around to palpating the temporalis and traps. I could have fallen asleep it felt so good. :) 
We also learned how to use our mirrors and the proper fulcruming techniques when w are looking intra orally.  Pretty cool, but tricky because it is so dang hard to see the posteriors at some angle positions.  But it is pretty cool how to illuminate the teeth with the mirror indirectly so you can add light to areas where the normal dental light doesn't really reach.  I need to practice that one.

No PE's passed off today dangit...definitely not enough time to do them. HHx is a. lot. of information to know.  I need to practice that one more this week and weekend....oh did I mention how overwhelmed I am right now?? Well I am SUPER overwhelmed and the main cause of it is Costley's test on Saturday/Monday...There is literally not enough time to study and know every little detail, and retain it.  Hopefully when I take it I can feel more relaxed and not wound up about it. Just know that I did everything that I could do, and what I get, is what I get.  So overwhelmed.

Off to Radiology, then studying...go figure :) ...Sam

1 comment:

  1. I know, that extra oral exam was heaven when Heather did it on me. She was pretty firm, which I LOVED.

    ReplyDelete