Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today I think I shall go SUBgingivally!

Oh my...we busted out the probes today and were able to probe inside a REAL persons mouth! Pretty sweet actually :) We started working on our typodonts first, and practiced our skills on marshmallows and candy corn. ha ha it was pretty funny if you think about it.

I was so much better with my fulcruming today, and I don't know why. It is like something clicked in my little brain, and I was just doing it..I was amazed, but I can still do better...at least I know I am not a complete idiot like I felt like on Monday. I was able to spend a lot of time working on Madi, and figuring out probe placement, and how to use the walking stroke and find the col with the right probe angle...kinda difficult, definitely not second nature....must practice over the weekend.  I practiced with Marilyn's loupes which was SUPER exciting, cool, and the teeth were SO much easier to see. I need to buy some.

Hallelujah to passing of another PE...this one wasn't difficult at all (vitals).  It is such a good feeling to pass a PE because it gives you some boost of confidence that I am learning and retaining the information to a competent level....Radiology was rough today, not gonna lie...My radiographs were pretty dang good, but that dang scan-x was giving me some issues, that took me forever to work out...Thankfully I got...And I actually did better on scan-x than on shick...go figure ha ha.  Now off to do homework, and relax my brain for a second...PS Glee rocks my world!...Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment