Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh the joys of Health Histories....HHx and HHx/Rx...

Lets just hope I don't get a patient that has 50 medications they are taking, because if they do, their hhx is going to take for-ev-er. But I guess on the other hand I will know a lot of medications. ha ha. So as you can see, today we worked on our first Health Histories, and Marcy was my lucky patient. I even took her BP, Pulse and Respiration readings. Pretty cool for the first time. Lauren the TA was a big help.

Coming into clinic today I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of studying and reviewing and reading I need to do this week in all of my other classes. There is A LOT this week that needs to be done, so I can be ready for the tests this week and next week.  I feel bad for my social life right now, because it is seriously being hindered even more this week! ha ha.  But now clinic is over, a new PE learned and a PE passed off, I feel like I accomplished something today, and I just have to keep that motivation going for the rest of the day and week...I. Can. Do. This.

Now back to Health Histories, I think the key to this one is practice practice practice, and to know the clinic manual...that will be key! Now I am off the lunch and radiology lab. Hopefully I can pick up the proper techniques in Rad, so I can do well on the test this week, and that I feel more comfortable in the bisecting technique...which by the way, for some reason, scares me...ha, I guess I just don't really get it in my head, and the only way I am going to really know how to do it, is by clinical practice...or baptism by fire I guess :)  Welp, wish me luck, and have a great week!! ...Sam

1 comment:

  1. I felt overwhelmed in Clinic today too, but LOVE radiology.

    ReplyDelete