Monday, September 13, 2010

Vitals Monday

So today has been another packed, yet laid back, day in the world of clinic and PE's....We learned all about our Vitals and the proper way we need to take them on a patient.  The trickiest part of it is all trying to count their pulse while monitoring their respirations at the same time, so they don't adjust the way they breath as if they were to know I was watcning for it. Tricky, but do-able.  I practiced on Marcy and Tori today, and passed off my patient/operator/light positioning PE today with the sub instructor, Instructor Snow. She was pretty good to work with, she seemed a little rusty in the way things are supposed to be run around the clinic, but she figured it out eventually and was great. I hope that Instructor Chaffe and her premie baby are going to ok. That is such a scary thing for anybody to go through, having your child born 3 months early, only weighing ounces.  I know all of our prayers are with her, her baby boy and her family.

So Wednesday hopefully I can pass of the HHx, but I need to study that one just as hard as I did the patient postioning one....LOTs of info to know on the HHx.  This week is going to be crazy, so many tests coming up and the UDHA conference on Friday. Ahhhhh is all I have to say about this week and possibly next week....just one day at a time I need to keep on reminding myself...Off to pod wrap...see ya Wednesday....Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment